PARK HILL CHRISTIAN CHURCH Job Posting
Director of Music
Ideally, the candidate should have a Bachelor of Music degree with an emphasis in piano/organ or choral music and at least five years of experience in church music. Higher education music degree is desired, but all candidates shall be considered.
- The Director of Music is responsible for the overall music program of Park Hill Christian Church, including but not limited to the following; Chancel Choir, Hallelujah Brass Hand Bell Choir, Blended/Contemporary Music Team and the development of music opportunities for our children and youth.
- Serve as direct supervisor of the Organist/Pianist and other employed music staff, as well as music volunteers.
- Select, and direct, appropriate music and hymns for the Traditional service and lead Blended/Contemporary worship services along with open input from music team.
- Coordinate and lead weekly rehearsals for the Blended/Contemporary Music Team and the Chancel Choir year round, as well as the Hallelujah Brass Hand Bell Choir from September through May.
- Implement and lead an energetic effort to retain and recruit members to the music program, including utilization of outside musicians, as needed.
- Assist and cooperate with other ministries of the church in special programs presented throughout the year (i.e. Advent/Christmas, Hanging of the Green, Ash Wednesday, Lent/Easter, Maundy Thursday, etc.).
- Work within annual budget of the Worship Ministry for the music program.
- Notify the Senior Minister and arrange for an acting Director if unable to be present during any of the aforementioned activities.
- Serve on the church’s Worship Ministry Team.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Minister.
For consideration, please submit your resume and application to Park Hill Christian Church, Attention Personnel, 4400 JFK Blvd, North Little Rock, AR 72116 or visit our website at http://parkhillchristian.org/. Contact Rob Robuck at 501-658-1818 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Have something your congregation would like to share in the Great River Region? Send it in and we\'ll see what we can do!